American video game developer Infinity Ward has confirmed that it is interested in exploring how Kinect can work with future Call of Duty games, however, a rep from the studio said that its implementation will be minimal in the upcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts. Mark Rubin, Infinity Ward executive producer said at Gamescom that the Xbox One version of the game will use Kinect, but only for menu navigation.
Rubin said, “We’re doing some stuff, [but] not really mentioning it yet. It’s mostly menu stuff, so you can work all the menus with Kinect – that’s a big thing that Microsoft’s pushing. We need to see where it goes before we jump into it.” He went on to say that the studio is not interested in leading the way when it comes to the technology, preferring to see how Kinect is received by other gaming industry members instead.
Rubin explained that Infinity Ward has never been the company that thinks it needs to be the first in line for technology. Instead, the studio prefers to take its time and make sure everything is right. Rubin also revealed that Infinity Ward had been experimenting with voice commands for the highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Ghosts, however, he is not certain whether those experiments will be featured in the final game.
Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to be released on November 5, 2013 for Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii U and it will also launch alongside the Xbox One and PS4.
Photo Credits: Just Push Start