Japan-based multinational consumer electronics company Nintendo is gearing up for the upcoming release of its Super Mario 3D World and the game’s producer Yoshiaki Koizumi has stated that the latest Super Mario title will not be featuring DLC. Even though the company released New Super Luigi U as DLC earlier in 2013 for New Super Mario Bros. U, it seems like the trend will not be continuing with Super Mario 3D World.
While speaking to the press, Koizumi confirmed that Nintendo has no plans to release DLC for the highly-anticipated game. When it comes to asynchronous gameplay and the GamePad, he said, “there will be levels where the GamePad will be particularly useful and in which you can find that kind of approach. There will also be a special mini-game with Toad, but I can’t talk about it right now.”
Koizumi also mentioned that, even though the new game will not be featuring DLC, there is a possibility that the studio will create an open world Mario game, if a significant number of players turn out to be interested in it. He said that Nintendo wanted to keep Super Mario 3D World accessible and its developers focused on the placement and visibility of the flags for this particular reason.
Satoru Iwata, the president of Nintendo announced last week that the upcoming game would be the main title to drive the sales of Wii U. Super Mario 3D World is set to be released on November 22, 2013 in the US and on November 29, 2013 in Europe and Australia.
Photo Credits: NintendoCharged